My Weight Loss Progress

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Journey – One Year On



I still find it hard to believe that it is a year ago that I was waking up from my operation and how much my life has changed over these 12 months.
 
I started off at approx 103kg – although I know that I had been closer to 110kg post pregnancy. It took me about 25 weeks to loose 32kg and get myself down into the healthy BMI. I now hover between 70.5kg and 72kg without any effort.
 
In terms of food I can eat and drink as I please. My portions are much much smaller, although I’m not so keen on spicy foods anymore but in general I can still eat out and enjoy myself – I just make smaller easier choices. I no longer suffer from heartburn, my blood sugar levels are totally normal and my blood pressure has lowered and steadied.
 
I feel like a totally different person – my size 10 jeans are loose and I can wear all the current fashions off the shelf in normal size stores. I no long have to stress about clothes and feeling self conscious. Sure there are signs of my weight loss – a little bit of saggy skin under my arms and my tummy still has the baby skin that many women carry post pregnancy - but who cares – I am no longer overweight!
 
My confident has soared, I have regained my love of clothes and fashion, I have so much more energy, I get attention from men that I never thought possible and I feel fantastic. Sure I could do with doing some more exercise and I would love to get down to 68kg but I am not stressed about it.  The only hard part has been the hair loss - it is growing back but I have just cut it all off as it was getting very thin.  I love my new doo though : )
 
So for anyone who has been considering the sleeve as an option for their weight and health issues I would say go for it – it is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I have found myself and my life and I love every second of it!
 
 





2 comments:

  1. WOW! You look great!!
    I'm considering this and have followed your progress...
    Can you tell me, how much I'd expect to be out of pocket to do this procedure? If you prefer could you email me katsanis@optusnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic Leesa - completely different (in body and attitude) from the girl I used to live next door to. I am so very happy for you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Do you relate? I welcome comments and positive feedback!